In the past, people missing all of their teeth had no option but dentures. This prosthesis has numerous disadvantages, such as:
- Dentures are uncomfortable and often painful
- Dentures do not look natural, especially when eating
- As the bone continues to melt away, the dentures become loose, and can fall out when laughing, sneezing, or coughing without the use of adhesives
- People without their teeth and supporting bone visibly age much faster
- Wearing dentures usually undermines a person’s self confidence (they have missing body parts and do not feel complete or natural)
- People with dentures cannot eat certain foods, such as steak, corn on the cob and apples
- People with dentures generally have bad breath
These problems can be solved with implant supported replacement teeth, which are stable (securely fastened to the implants) and maintain the integrity of the facial structures by preserving the bone.
Some of the many advantages of implant supported replacement teeth include the following:
- They are more comfortable and stable than traditional dentures
- They virtually stop the bone resorption process (deterioration)
- Integrity of the facial structures is maintained
- Appearance is improved
- It is not necessary to cover the roof of the mouth, so food can be tasted
- Relines and repairs are infrequent compared to traditional dentures
- Natural biting and chewing capacity is restored
When all of the your are missing, there will definitly be problems in eating healthy foods. Due to loss of bone, the structure and shape of your face may even change.
- Overdenture can be securely attached to dental implants
- Stays firmly in place even while eating
- Overdenture can be removed for cleaning
- Attached to your jaw with sticky adhesives that are messy and difficult
- Often uncomfortable and unsightly
- Difficult to keep clean
Removable Overdentures on Implants:
Millions of people are missing most or all of their teeth. For these people, a denture replacement solution that eliminates the need for denture adhesives might mean a new level of comfort and ease in their life. Denture replacement alternatives use dental implants for retention, thereby removing the need for the use of messy and unreliable denture adhesives. Implant retained dentures can also help in reducing or even eliminating painful denture gum sores. If you or your loved ones require a denture repair, or are considering new dentures altogether, consider a denture replacement alternative with a solid foundation and leave your denture adhesives behind!
Permanent Dentures on Implants:
If you are tired of dentures moving around in your mouth, rubbing your gums and causing denture sores, or are discouraged with using denture adhesives, permanent complete tooth replacement may be right for you. A fixed denture solution consists of a dental implant bridge supported by four or more dental implants. By using dental implants to secure permanent dentures, you can regain that confidence of having fixed, solid teeth again. If you or your loved ones are suffering with dentures and desire an alternative, book a consultation and learn more. We will be happy to take time to discuss all of your options.